Arfakiana: Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat is a peer reviewed journal published biannually by Research Institutions and community service Forestry Faculty, University of Papua. The Arfakiana follows the guidelines set out by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) in all aspects of publication ethics. This statement clarifies ethical behaviour of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the publisher, the Editorial Board, the peer-reviewer, and the author.
- Publisher publishes manuscripts that have been through the process of editing, reviewing, and lying out according to the rules of scientific journal publication.
- Publisher guarantees the academic freedom for the Editors and Reviewers in carrying out their duties respectively.
- Publisher maintains the privacy, intellectual treasure, copyright, and editorial freedom.
- Editors decide articles that are worth publishing and refer to the requirements with regard to defamation, copyright infringement, duplication, and plagiarism.
- Editors emphasize the equality of decision making in the process of reviewing and accepting the manuscripts without any discrimination of sex, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, or political ideology.
- Editors will not disclose any information about the manuscripts except the author's permission.
- Unpublished manuscripts will not be used by editors for their own interests and will be returned directly to their authors.
- Reviewers assist the editor in making editorial decisions regarding the submitted manuscripts.
- Reviewers review the manuscripts objectively and based on the clear arguments.
- Reviewers are responsible for the quotations, references, duplications and plagiarism of the reviewed manuscripts.
- Reviewers maintain the confidentiality of information and do not use the information for personal interests.
- Authors must avoid duplicity and plagiarism in presenting the result of their researches.
- Authors must confirm manuscripts that have been submitted to the journal.
- Authors must write clearly references of their manuscripts.
- Authors must consider the manuscripts according to the rules of scientific journal publication.
- Authors must agree with some editing in the review process and layout without changing substantive contents.